Monday, March 14, 2011

SEO for Dummies and Google Analytics

WideSEO | Promote your Page too


I don't know what I'm suppose to do first to improve the visibility of this blog.
So, I decide by myself, using my (legendary) sense of logic ;)

I identify very easily my very first two major issues:

1. My basic skills about SEO are really too low. I need to learn the basics.
2. To follow the progress in the trafic, I have to monitor it

To complete the first issue, I download the free sample of "SEO for Dummies" (3rd edition - 2011) by Peter Kent on my Kindle.
After a first look at the table of contents, it appears that it should be a good start for me (of course, I'm a real dummy).
So, I have now about 400 pages to read about the subject.
I suppose I will write few posts about this book for the next few weeks. You know now my main source of knowledge ;)

As a real dummy, I choose Google Analytics to monitor the trafic on my blog.
I don't know if it's the best tool, but it seems obvious to me for at least two reasons : it's a free tool and my blog is now hosted by blogger.com, a "google galaxy" company. I know, it's some piece of poor argumentation.

See U soon
O.


No comments: